Friday, April 2, 2010

OCD Chronicles: Black Crowes-"Good Friday"

Not a true OCD moment as this song hasn't been repeating in my head for days on end like other entries to this personal series. But since today is Good Friday, this Black Crowes classic is spinning internally.
The same thing happens on Christmas (Big Star's "Jesus Christ"), the 4th of July (Bruce Springsteen's "Independence Day"), and Halloween (Sonic Youth's "Halloween") and all of these moments are obscure enough that most people have no idea when I belt out
I will not forget you
Nor will I except the blame

How this song (from Three Snakes And One Charm didn't gain the band automatic entrance into the classic rock vaults is one of life's great mysteries-indeed, the band has a bunch of potential classics that curiously didn't get airplay even though their DNA is filled with AOR lineage.

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

Cool tune; a little too close to Pink Floyd's "Breathe", no?
I'm quite partial to Amorica, btw.