Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Election Day. Probably America’s best day and the worst single by a Duran Duran sideproject. I’m intentionally not watching the election returns…that will come later when the real data starts to come in…but am cautiously optimistic that America will figure this shit out. The last two elections were mindboggling as to how uncomfortably stupid American voters can be, or at least half of them.
The first election I ever participated in was 1984. I went to the caucus and supported John Glenn. Walter Mondale got the nomination, and I got out of school to go around the ward of my hometown and doorknock. Mondale won in my hometown, but got blown away in the national election.
This would have been around the time that Duran Duran released Seven And The Ragged Tiger.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

That was my first election too and I canvassed for Mondale in Iowa City, where we probably didn't really need it. But I got to meet him and he shook my hand and stuff.