Friday, October 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Todd Totale!

How utterly sad and pathetic is it that I'm acknowledging my own birthday on this blog? Fairly, but I come bearing a true Totale tale that happened this morning. As I'm navigating through the satellite, the channel stops on VH1 Classic's "Metal Mania," specifically, Y&T's horrific "Summertime Girls." Immediately following it, Autograph appears with their only hit "Turn Up The Radio" from Sign In Please.
I do my obligatory play-by-play to the four year old, explaining that Autograph is what we call a "one hit wonder" and how they were ruled by a robot.
As the video progressed, E lay down in front of the television and offered his opinion of them:
"They suck."
Judge for yourself, but I gotta agree with the kid.

2 comments:

DJMurphy said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Todd!!! Sorry I was a schmuck and I forgot it... I hope that the music fairy got you shitloads of great toonz for your birthday, man.

Todd Totale said...

Thank you.
And the only music I got was the (so far) complete R Kelly Trapped In The Closet video on dvd. I could not be happier.