Monday, December 30, 2013

Samuel Locke Ward Released 12 Albums This Year. What Did Your Band Do?

If you've ever had a child, you know that sleep deprivation and a substantial loss of income are also part of the package.

For Samuel Locke Ward, a newborn wasn't able to discourage the Iowa City artists from releasing a new album every month for the past year.

And what did your band do, again?

What's almost as remarkable was how each one had at least two or three really good tracks on them, which means S.L.W. can probably pull a good comp album out of the project which is what he seems to be doing according to his email announcing the finish line of the project:


Hey everybody, I finished the Lame Years. The final album of the 12 album series is called Back From Heaven. It is a slightly Cthulhu themed arena rock album. 

It ended up as 177 original songs and 2 covers over 12 albums. Thanks to everybody who listened all year long. I really appreciate all of the encouragement I got.

I am currently working on compiling a "Best Of The Lame Years" album that I will be pressing in early 2014.

For those of you who have been listening each month please feel free to write in and let me know if there are any tracks that absolutely MUST go on the album. I am proud of how everything turned out and I know a lot of real good stuff is gonna not go on the record. Thanks again everybody and have a great holiday!

best wishes,

Sam

No comments: