Saturday, August 1, 2009

Who's The Cry Baby Now?

I’m beginning a new series on this blog: Tears Are Falling. In addition to being one of the worst Kiss songs known to mankind, Tears Are Falling will introduce those songs from the past that have struck such a nerve that they’ve brought me close to tears or turned on the waterworks completely. It’s not a regular event-I don’t normally go around bursting into tears while listening to the Ipod like a hormonal pregnant woman-but there are some songs with such emotional impact that I either relate or empathize with the song that I feel like crying like a little schoolgirl.
For those of you stalking me, you’ll notice that my event list has moved AC/DC Chicago to AC/DC Des Moines. I learned that AC/DC will be playing in my home state around my birthday and I’d rather see them there than in Chicago. No offense to Chicago, but that trip would end up costing hundreds of dollars more than a trip to Iowa’s capitol and a free bed at the folks. Thankfully, a dude from Indiana used the “Buy It Now” feature on Ebay and walked away with my tickets for the United Center show. Even better is that my Wells Fargo Arena tickets are going to have a better view of the show than my previous ones. Brian Johnston recently said that, after the end of the Black Ice tour, he may retire and finally get that cattle prod that’s been lodged up his ass for the past thirty years removed. He will then live off the royalties of Back In Black for the rest of his life down in Florida.

In the ‘TMI’ department:

Whatcha doin’? Chewin’ chocolate.
Where d’ya get it? Doggy dropped it.
What’s the last movie you went to? The Hangover.
What’s the most obsessive thing you do? I arrange all M&Ms by color immediately after opening the bag.
What’s your favorite Gummi Bear flavor? The white ones. I’m a gummy bear racist.
Favorite Seinfeld episode? Either “The Contest” or the one where Jerry offends his new girlfriend with “You mean the panties your mother laid out for you” remark.
What do you do in real life? I both make and shatter dreams by approving or denying loans and annuity withdrawals. A lot of my clientele are poor, uneducated, and from the deep South, so I get frustrated when they try to make me explain something that’s clearly over their heads to begin with. I mean, if you didn’t intend to really plan for your future, then why did you even agree to this? These customers regularly “axe” me questions, refer to the number five as “fy,” the number nine as “nigh,” and think their contracts “collapse” when they overloan them. The real word, by the way, is “lapse.”
Who would you like to meet, living or dead? Any of the Beatles. Keith Richards. Peter Tosh. Joe Strummer. Abe Lincoln. Tom Jefferson. Hunter S. Thompson.
Do you still make music? I’ve got kids now. They won’t leave me alone.
Why don’t you call/write me? See above.

1 comment:

Cousin J said...

You should change that TMI 'Who would you like to meet?' answer to "Any of the DEAD Beatles."