Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happy Birthday, Klaus Meine

Happy birthday, Klaus Meine, you hard rockin' Scorpions mother fucker! God, you're awesome! And I say that without a hint of sarcasm. Seriously: Animal Magnetism rules and Blackout is even better! And I dig Lovedrive and Love At First Sting too. Lady Killers....not so much. I mean, what were you guys thinking when you agreed to put a naked pre-pubescent girl on the cover?! Seriously! That's crazy!
But that's one of the reasons why I like you. Sometimes I think that the Scorpions are so intent on rocking that they don't really think things out completely. And when you guys do think things out, we get something like "Wind Of Change."
You should hear my impersonation of that song; I changed the lyrics and everything! It goes:
"Follow little squirrel
Down to Gorky Park
Listening to the wind
Of change."
It's pretty funny, and I can sound just like you too!
I also do a good version of "Loving You Sunday Morning" and I'm not too shabby at "Arizona."
Which reminds me: that's another reason why I like you guys. The fact that English is your second language makes for some kick ass lyrics, even when I don't fuck with them at all!
Like "Arizona"
"Arizona really was a gas
I was screwed up, in a total mess
Mind blowing all the way, you know
Just out of sight"
That's awesome!
I'm probably best know for my rendition of your stage banter during World Wide Live. When I worked at a call center, I used to break out Klaus all the time, primarily using the line "Do you see the microphones in the air? Do you see them?! We are making a live recording here tonight!" There was only one other manager who got it and thought it was funny.
Anyway, I just wanted to publicly wish you a happy 59th (!) birthday today and I hope that you have many more great memories to look forward to. You and the rest of the Scorpions have certainly provided me with some great memories of my own and I appreciate everything that you've done.
Well, except for "Wind Of Change." That pretty much sucked.

No comments: