Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Madonna's Sex Book!

Madonna’s book Sex was released on this day in 1992.

My girlfriend at the time bought a used copy of it. The $50 price tag was heavy on our radio “personalities,” but I’m guessing that nowadays, that $50 investment must be worth something in the form of a sealed copy.

Not that we would have left it sealed. The idea of nude pictures of Madonna would have been exciting for both of us.

I may have indeed teased her about the idea of a “book” by Madonna, and the ammunition of having Vanilla Ice in the book was positively deadly.

He was well beyond his shelf-life by that point while Madonna was rejuvenating her career for the third time.

It’s hard to believe that this type of nonsense was considered controversial back then. Then again, now that I’m a parent I can see the restrictive point of view quite clearly. Just a few days ago, I was scolded for channel surfing and stopping on Tosh.0 in front of the children.

Meanwhile, an open copy of Sex lay on the coffee table.

Even though that old girlfriend kept her copy of Sex after we split, it doesn’t mean that I haven’t looked for another copy for myself on eBay.

It’d be a hoot to gander through that book now.

And it’d be scary to consider that the people in those images now have a couple of decades added to their flesh.

No comments: