Friday, June 10, 2011

I.C.P. Announces Gathering Of The Juggalos 2011 Line Up

I've been brutal on Insane Clown Posse for quite some time, but I have to admit that their informercial for this year's Gathering of the Juggalos is better entertainment than any Two And A Half Men episode, and second only to the endless amount of Juggalo video uploads you can watch on You Tube at any given moment.

I don't want to suggest that I'm growing soft on these clowns (Ha!), but I do feel a bit sorry for their dim witted fan base who buy in-literally-on the band's endless explotation of them under the pretense of "family," "independence," and general lack of responsibility.

While I.C.P. get wealthier, their fans either fall into two categories: Juggalos who simply aren't smart enough to become more self-reliant by educating themselves towards a better life or Juggalos who like to pretend that it's all in good fund and any naysayers (i.e. "haters") are too stuck-up to get the "joke."

Where is punk rock when you need it?

It's the complete ambivilence of violence that bugs me the most, but hey, if you want to live your life worshipping a pair of bozos who trade in your outsider plight for a bit of overpriced merch and a logo that will ultimately have you labeled as dumb patsy for permanent entry-level jobs, then be my guest.

At least you could grow your mohawk out when you figured out the real power of human spirit.

But enough of my Dad talkin'. I've got to hand it to these hustlas for putting together an outrageous thirty-minute video that holds your attention like no other and gets you to burst out laughing at regular intervals.

In other words, if I.C.P. is looking for voice-over work for future infomercials, then I am totally down with the clown!

No comments: