Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hey! Ho! Let's Go!

It took 23 months and 26 days until my daughter spoke for the first time.
Today, I was so overcome with joy when I heard my daughter utter:
“Hey! Ho! Let’s Go!”
I’m so proud. Of course, she has said a bunch of shit for months, but nothing as important as this.
I started on Dee Dee’s autobiography the other day, The Last Will and Testament of Dee Dee Ramone, he’s a good writer and possesses an active imagination. Too much at times, I ran across one passage that was too violent to be true (Dee Dee kills a Norwegian cop) and now question every godddamn thing he says. Including the parts where he claims his three-piece solo band sounded good playing those old Ramones classics.

3 comments:

Tanja said...

that's so cute!

Churlita said...

How sweet. My oldest daughter is still a huge Ramones fan. It's great until they get into jr high and play the same stuff over and over again and make you almost sick of some of your favorite songs. She did that with the Zombies and then the Ramones. Just buy some headphones for her when she turns 12.

Luciano said...

I just felt the same when i read the dee dee book. amazing read anyway