Saturday, July 26, 2008

The OCD Chronicles: Peaches "Fuck The Pain Away"

I haven’t thought of this song in forever, but I found myself with a bit of alone time this past week and decided to spend it in the Mancave with a few hours of Lost In Translation. I have no idea why I felt the need to revisit that movie, but it’s awesome so you can’t really consider it as time not well spent.
The problem is that “Fuck The Pain Away” then became stuck in my head like all get out and it’s really not appropriate to be around small children singing “Sucking on my titties/Like you wanted me/Calling me all the time like Blondie/Check out my Chrissy behind.”
As a matter of fact, there are very few moments where reciting those lyrics is appropriate.
Nonetheless, there it was: that dirty-electro trash, spinning endlessly through my grey matter, which reminded me of the following.
You see, there was a time when Peaches was not only inappropriate, but forbidden. Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not the type of guy that responds positively when I’m told what to do. I am one that tries to avoid conflict, particularly when it involves members of the opposite sex, and my ex-wife inexplicitly felt positively threatened by Peaches.
I dunno if you’ve seen pictures of Peaches, but she’s clearly not an overtly attractive woman. Take a glimpse of her Fatherfucker album cover and you’ll be turned off for life. But that’s her shtick…shock value….a her lyrics certainly reflect this. There was a moment, before the shtick wore thin and Peaches turned out to be a one-trick pony, where she was considered fairly novel. The back-story: a former elementary school teacher who once called Fiest a roommate and then transformed herself into a camel-toe, pubes spilling over, sexually aggressive cougar who programmed her own beats and wrote explicit electronic songs about fucking.
My ex-wife didn’t like that and felt that, without even asking, that perhaps I somehow wanted to be with a woman like this.
The thing was, I just liked the primitive beats and the explicit nature of the songs. Just like I enjoy that scene from Bad Lieutenant, where Harvey Keitel pulls over those teenage girls and verbally abuses them while jerking off on the side of their car.
Peaches is like Harvey Keitel, but she replaces his line “Show me how you like to suck a fuckin’ cock” with “Diddle My Skittle.”
So rather than face the endless barrage of guilt, dirty looks, and continual attempts for attention from my ex-wife, I put Peaches away until a few nights ago when I felt the need to fuck the pain away again.
The only shit I get from my current wife is not to play Peaches around the kids.
I’m also gonna need to check out Bad Lieutenant again now that I think of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The one song on my ipod that I have to watch out for when it's playing for family functions. As soon as I hear those opening beats I've gotta hustle my ass over and skip it. Randomly, it's ulikely to pop up but, it's also in a file of 90's tunes and almost makes that file unplayable for family/neighbor functions because there are so few songs in it right now. She's one ugly bitch but that song is funnier than hell.