Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Dead Zeppelin

As much as I would be stoked to see them, and as much as I think they’d be able to pull it off, I’ve got to confess that I’m proud as fuck that Robert Plant took the high road and nixed the idea of a Led Zeppelin reunion.
John Paul Jones said yes.
Jimmy Page said yes.
Robert Plant said no.
All three were set to pocket a cool $100 million pounds if they were to agree to a reunion tour.
I don’t know if I’d be able to turn down such an offer, but then again, I haven’t accumulated the amount of wealth that those three already have.
Nonetheless, it’s pretty badass that Plant was able to stand firm and stick to the bet that he had with Peter Gabriel (concerning a possible reunion with the original Genesis line-up): Which one would be the first to sell out.
It appears the ball is now in Pete’s court.

No comments: