Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Best. Halftime. Show. Ever.

Was it me that said the Bears by 10? Oh well. At least the team that left Baltimore won. And as a fan of the Cleveland Browns, who lost their original team to Baltimore (as the Ravens) it's nice to see the Colts (formerly from Baltimore) win, I suppose. The enemy of Baltimore is my friend...At least for the Super Bowl, even though I was counting on Chicago to smack around Manning.
And goddamn...have they reconsidered and given the MVP to Grossman yet? One man doesn't lose the game (blah blah wolf wolf) but lets be honest here, there's plenty of blame to be thrown his way and I'm finding it hard for Grossman to do what he's been known to do when things don't go his way: blame others.
Nah buddy, this one's all on you.
The delay in this posting is because I wanted to include a link to Prince's halftime show. Prior to posting, Universal Music Group made You Tube take down the performance. Copyright issues aside, it was the best halftime performance ever and reminds us that, when he wants to, Prince can absolutely rule.
The frustration comes from knowing this and watching him sidetrack his genius with unwarranted label issues and with music directions that leave many longtime fans bewildered.
An update link was found, so enjoy again while it remains available.


Prince - SuperBowl 2007 Halftime Show
Uploaded by pacouli

Speaking of the Bears, who knew that Bob Mould wanted them to win....but only because there was a possibility that he might see Brian Urlacher shirtless in the locker room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've now watched that performance four times, and it strikes me that maybe it's one of the best live rock shows ever to be shown on television.

In contrast to VH, I'd pay good money to see Prince play, and serious money to see him play in a club.

I have to give serious props to the NFL for not chickening out and going with some pansy country act or variety-show type montage of dorks show.

Prince has really cemented his place as "the real deal" even more solidly than before.

Anonymous said...

Alright, fucker:

1)...I'm finding it hard for Grossman to do what he's been known to do when things don't go his way: blame others.

Citation? The Sex Cannon might be guilty of many things (heaving the ball off his back foot, inability to hold on to the fucking football, being nicknamed "Sexy") but I can't think of a single instance where he blamed anyone but himself for his shortcomings. You may be thinking of Peyton - after a late season loss, Manning remarked that he can't be expected to "play both sides of the ball". Really cute, but I guess it worked - the Colts D really stepped up in the playoffs.

2) You're only criticizing Grossman because he's a honky.

3) That half-time show was kick ass. I have wonder if Sir Paul would have been out there cranking out guitar solos out in that downpour. Also, It was nice to hear "Purple Rain" again when I'm not just playing it so I can take a nap at work.

Todd Totale said...

Like when he blamed the media for wanting to sell papers when they were questioning his ability as a starting quarterback?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgCsObR0QN4

Anonymous said...

Dude, he SAID he didn't mean ignorant in a bad way.

Your reverse racism really disgusts me.