Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle

I had half a mind to review the new Metallica album without even listening to it. The album would have received one star and would have been based entirely on this photo alone. It symbolizes the entire notion that Metallica will never be able to return to their former greatness musically because they are morally corrupt.
Anyone who has built their empire on the shoulders and wallets of metal’s bretheren would not be seen wearing Armani or any other designer clothes or at the very least buying them. Let’s consider that the bag isn’t for James Hetfield, he should have known better that it’s images like this that help destroy the band name of Metallica.
I hope he’s investing well and isn’t squandering all of his money on shit like this, because more and more people will be scratching their heads at why they should invest in yet another shitty album or tour just to fund Hetfield’s shopping sprees.
I’m not suggesting that the man not go shopping or enjoy the fruits of his labors. What I am suggesting is that if you can pay $40,000 a month for a leech to help with your interpersonal skills, you can throw someone a grand to do your Armani shopping for you.
Never mind the reality that if you were to ask the members of Metallica twenty years ago today if they’d like a complimentary Armani item, they would probably laugh at you and rip up the offending item.
And it’s good to see that Robert Trujillo has put his $1,000,000 advance to good use too.

3 comments:

Your Humble Proprietor said...

Fuck the Armani bag, is Hetfield wearing flip-flops? I think that says more about what happened to Metallica than anything.

Todd Totale said...

As my cousin said: The Dude Abides.

Tanja said...

I am sooo glad I never gave those fuckers a dime. I own only Garage Days and it was a gift. Do they let you buy Armani shit when you're wearing flip flops?