Monday, June 2, 2008

Pump It Up

I’m busy as fuck, with the kid(s)’ birthday and with the simple fact that it’s finally been nice enough to hang outside. We bought some deck furniture for our house in preparation for the folks coming up to celebrate said birthdays and for the simple fact that I need a place to put my beer when I’m outside.
So after we’ve celebrated the aforementioned birthdays what do we do? We have another fucking celebration, this time at Pump It Up, a fucking place that is nothing more than a warehouse filled with inflatable shit. From the kid’s perspective, this is the equivalent of Heaven, and for the adults, half the fun was watching them jump around like retards.
Calli ran around like one of those chicks in the Girls Gone Wild videos, stopping occasionally to squeal, raise her sippy in the air, and dance to the music which was surprisingly heavy on 80’s material.
First song of the night was, no shit, The Clash’s “Police On My Back.” How awesome is that?

2 comments:

DJMurphy said...

We had LittleDudeMurph's birthday party at Pump It Up; guess which birthday guest-of-honor's father had just as much fun as the kids jumping around like a retard? I goofed up my knee slightly in the process, but the kids still say, "Where's that crazy guy?"

We didn't have any great Clash musique, sad to say.

Todd Totale said...

I stayed out of the bouncy things for the safety reasons that you describe. I did manage to challenge anyone willing to tackle the air hockey game while Pat Benetar's "We Live For Love" blared in the background.