Thursday, May 5, 2005

Cinco De Mayonnaise

Another shitty week. It's been a while since I've been this bumming. It's like an old friend that you really don't care for much anymore. Lots of life dramas, werkloads, and financial poopyness fill each day. It's easy to get lost in the routine and smoke more cigarettes. Fucking sometimes allows you a little solitude with it and music provides a brief distraction. I've gone from The Human League to Iron Maiden to Public Enemy to Superchunk to Black Flag to Richard Marx in single bounds, and I woke up the next morning to breathe again. I think I can shake this funk. I've kicked the shit out of depression ten times this bad.
On top of this, I need to move.
One has to ask themselves: What would Keith Richards do?

Now I understand that Keith is relatively wealthy now and has the ability to buy his way out of any major problem. But there has to be a few times a year where Keith just doesn't have things go his way. My guess is that he throws down a few Rebel Yell's, picks up a Telecaster and lights a smoke. My dream is that he throws a needle in his vein, slips his cock in the ass of a underage chick and lights a smoke.
Today kept reminding me of the Liz Phair song of the same name. The lyric "Cinco De Mayo/burn down Ohio" kept repeating through my head. Notable activity from today:

  • A near retired woman felt sorry that the new Muslim girl had to wear that clothing all year long.
  • I had two conversations with a guy we call "Milton." I used to jokingly bet that every time we had food, he would suddenly show up and ask for the leftovers. I would then purposely give him donuts and candy thinking it was quite humoring. Until I noticed his hands shaking. Then I became concerned. Indeed: a quick investigation with input from the training lady revealed that Milton shouldn't be eating sweets at all! He has diabetes. The fucker also drinks like a gallon of Mountain Dew each day. So anyways, I talked to him a few times today. It's a trip. Part of the conversation was about Keith Moon.
  • I had my one-on-one with my boss. I still haven't quite figured her out and her departing Administrative Assistant didn't reveal much intel. I did learn that some of the other supervisors hate me. Ha! Me and the new guy are quickly becoming a threat and we're throwing down enough jack to be in first place overall.
  • I missed "Flap Jack Day" again and saw a stunned hummingbird fly out of the building after getting trapped in the cafeteria. Some dumbass almost stepped on it. Geese also come up and poop in the smoking section outside.
  • The Shins' "Chutes Too Narrow" is a fucking incredible album

No comments: