Thursday, July 6, 2006

Pumpin' For The Man

"You've got:
'My bossman's a bastard and I want to kill him' blues'"
-Henry Rollins
1987

Fuckin' A. And let me declare publically that I would love it if Hank stopped by my company's corporate offices and beat the living shit out of my fuckin' boss. I should clarify that my boss is merely a douche; it's the owner that I can't stand. I received word from my superior that the owner feels I somehow disrespect him, that I ignore him, and that I give the perception that I'm too good to actively participate in team meetings.
So like a fucking baby, I can anticipate the owner giving me the silent treatment for a few months and probably making some disparaging comments about yours truly to others but, sorry, I don't have time to manage 20 people and then be expected to manage the owner's neurotic mindset.
So I've become a passive job-seeker, and my most recent interview was with a fairly laid-back publishing company. I had a killer first interview and was rushed in for a second interview with the president of the company. On the way down to the interview, for reasons unknown, I played Pink Floyd's "Meddle" album. I would like to blame Rodger Waters and company for helping me bomb that second interview. The blame, of course, falls squarely upon me, and "Meddle" is a pretty good early 70's Floyd effort. Nonetheless kids, if you're needing interviewing tips here's a good one from me: Try to spend more time giving detailed examples of your work-related success rather than giving detail examples of why the owner of your company is a cocksucker.
We'll just chock that one up to a "learning experience" and move on...
On the good side: The Cedar Rapids Kernels fucked up the Burlington Bee's 13-5. This seemed to quiet down the SLF (and Burlington native) after the Bee's spanked the Kernels during the last Minor League outing we had in early June. Unlike B-Town, the locals up here seem to really dig Minor League play as the attendance for both games was fairly high.
One of the best things about the game: Milwaukee may have their sausage run, but here in C.R., we have running eyeballs. Here's proof as they make their way from the infield.

If you're curious, the green eye won by an eyelash. I totally stole that punch line from the old dude sitting behind us in the bleachers.

Spinning:
T-Rex-"T-Rex"
The Fall-"Perverted By Language"
Tapes 'N Tapes-"The Loon"
Sonic Youth-"Rather Ripped"
The Brian Jonestown Massacre-"Give It Back"
Spacemen 3-"Playing With Fire"
Pink Floyd-"Meddle"
Black Flag-"Who's Got The 10 1/2?"

No comments: