Sunday, May 28, 2006

May Top 10

Aside from looking at new employment opportunities (Dad advice: "The best time to look for a job is when you already have one"), watching the little dude master potty-training, and dealing with a little bit of mild-to-moderate depression, there's not a lot of "interesting" stuff going on around here. Oh wait: I secured a deal to get the Jeff Gordon car here. Everyone knows what a huge fucking NASCAR fan I am. /sarcasm


Spinning:

Iron Maiden-"Killers"
The Ramones-"Leave Home"
The Flaming Lips-"At War With The Mystics"
Judas Priest-"Sad Wings Of Destiny"
The Fall-"Grotesque (After The Gramme)"
Heart-"Little Queen"
Mission Of Burma-"The Obliterati"
David Bowie-"Scary Monsters"
Neko Case-"Fox Confessor Brings The Flood"
The Go-Betweens-"16 Lover's Lane"
(R.I.P. Grant McLennan and thanx to Cuz for sending Steve Kilbey's blog post regarding the funeral)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

y'know, I realize how many records I failed to listen to when you bring up a list like this and the only two I can swear I've heard are Bowie and Judas Priest.

"Scary monsters--super freaks" and "Victim of chaaa-a-angeeeeeeezzzz!" are the only lyrics I can think of...plus: "Beneath a gas lamp...where the air is cold and damp..." etc.

I bought Bowie's "Changes 2" from the local mall, as I remember, because the cover was different than anything else in the store (same reason I bought the DRI disc while in Boston). I bought Priest's "Sad Wings of Destiny" because I dug "You've Got Another Comin'," plus Dawn M. told me it was cool.

"The Hellion/Electric Eye" is still badass. I've got a movie script about Hell where the opening scene is based on it.

Anonymous said...

Let there be no mistake: you are Godlike to post a list like that. Fuck indie-snobs. Any man that listens to Burma and Priest is a true fan of rock music. Bless ye.

Todd Totale said...

I play an indie snob on occassion, sometimes after I play an April Wine or Saxon album.
My next Priest purchase will indeed be "Screaming For Vengeance" and Dawn M. was right most of the time. Her only fault was believing that she could change Blaise, Lambert, and the other West K scurves. Stay tuned for a full review of "Sad Wings Of Destiny."