Monday, June 10, 2013

The Obligatory Daft Punk Post

I haven't written about the new Daft Punk record because I don't have it yet. It's intriguing, but it's farther down on my radar. Not because I don't like Daft Punk, because I do. Instead, it represents a moment in my life that is long gone and best forgotten.

I can tell you that, while I was never one to frequent clubs or other EDM activities, I'm familiar with them enough to tell you that there's nothing sadder than dancing to a Daft Punk song at some generic meat-market in a suburb of Chicago that's close the O'Hare.

Because you need a quick escape plan after your bad decisions.

Like I said, it's been a lifetime ago-which probably another reason why the new Daft Punk album hasn't moved much on my excitement level.

This cover of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" by Atlas Genius is pretty bad-assed, and more aligned in my more acoustic leanings as of late.


One disappoint fact is that "Get Lucky" in fact is an original song by Daft Punk, and not a cover of the title track of Loverboy's incredible 1982 album of the same name.

/sarcasm


No comments: