Tuesday, April 20, 2010

God's Pee Reunites

Truth be told, I didn't even know they had broken up. I just thought it was an extended hiatus, but come to think of it, it had been a long time since their last effort.
I still think that Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven is one of the best albums released in the past decade.
Pretty good for an instrumental, don'tcha think?
I know that it may sound pretentious, but I'm a sucker for the huge olympian swells of racket that these anonymous Canadians dish up and I would love to witness it in the flesh.
At least with a reunion, there's the chance that I'd get to see it live.
One would think, but it looks as though Godspeed You Black Emperor are going to be pricks about it and do the obligatory All Tomorrow's Parties date before closing the chapter again after some spotty tour dates that I'm sure won't come anywhere near Iowa, of course.
It looks like only 9 American stops will be scheduled.
So you're saying there's a chance!

No comments: