Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Big Boys Don't Cry: The Making Of 10cc's 'I'm Not In Love'

It’s been posted elsewhere, but there’s a great documentary piece concerning 10cc’s “I’m Not In Love” floating around the internets today that shows how labor intensive audio recording was before samplers, particularly when you felt the need to have layers upon layers of vocals.

It’s one of those songs that’s hard to dislike because it brings you back to a point in your life even if there isn’t a point in your life where it was present. What I mean is that “I’m Not In Love” sounds like it was made to fit a moment even if it hasn’t occurred yet.

There’s more detailed information concerning the making of “I’m Not In Love” at Sound On Sound, which you’ll probably visit after watching the awesome CliffsNotes version of the documentary below.

2 comments:

Jake said...

This is awesome.

Anonymous said...

great! Maarten