Friday, March 9, 2007

More Van Halen

So now it appears that both personal politics and personal issues are the reason for the Van Halen tour being "postponed" Eddie's statement from the Van Halen Website:

"Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better."
But wait, there's more.

Apparently, the Rock Hall won't let David Lee Roth sing, which means that even he won't be showing up for the ceremonies. From the L.A. Times:
"I don't make speeches for a living; I sing and dance for my dinner," Roth said,
adding that the decision to skip the event "rips my heart out."
If you're keeping score, this means that bassist Michael Anthony will be the only member of Van Halen present to accept their induction.

UPDATE: It looks like Sammy will be at the reception tonight (it's broadcasted tonight, 3/12/07, on VH1 Classic, so I'll check it out if the little one lets me change it from the fucking Sprout network). And the Rock Hall president is stating that they indeed want Roth to sing....with Velvet Revolver...a few classic V.H. tunes. I don't fault Roth for declining and I think he wants to save face just in case there happens to be a V.H. reunion after Eddie cleans up.

No comments: